submitted by atomarsofficial to Atomars [link] [comments]
What is Zcoin?
Zcoin, also referred to as XZC or Zerocoin, is an open source decentralized cryptocurrency that provides privacy and anonymity for its users when making transactions.
To achieve its privacy and anonymity, Zcoin uses zero-knowledge proofs via the Zerocoin protocol, which is at this moment in time one of the most cited cryptography papers.
According to Wikipedia, in cryptography, a zero-knowledge proof or zero-knowledge protocol is a method in which one party proves to another party (the verifier) that a given statement is actually true.
In other words, in a transaction with Bitcoin or Ethereum or something similar, your transaction history is always linked to your coins by default, leaving you vulnerable. All it takes is one link to your personal information or IP to find out the origin of the coins.
However, when you trade with Zcoin’s Zercoin feature, your transaction history is not linked to the actual coins. Only the receiver and sender know that the funds have actually been exchanged.
How Does Zcoin Work?Zcoin works on the Zerocoin protocol by enforcing Zero-knowledge proofs. Here are the components of Zcoin to explain how it works.
Mint: When sending a private transaction with Zcoin, all you need to do is select the number of coins you want to mint. Post that your normal Zcoin balance would reduce automatically and you will be credited with new coins and no transaction history. In essence, your old coins are burned cryptographically, which prevents anyone else from using them again and being directed to your transaction history. You get credited with new coins with no history, while the total supply is maintained.
For now, you can only mint in denominations of 1, 10, 25, 50 and 100. If you choose ‘100’ coins to be minted, for instance, you will instantly be credited with 100 new Zcoins with no history attached to them.
Zcoin’s VisionZcoin seeks to improve things that Bitcoin hasn’t been able to so far, some of which include fungibility, privacy and miner’s centralization.
Users of Zcoin can enjoy full fungibility and privacy along with demolishing miner’s centralization by implementing a better proof of work algorithm called MTP.
Total Zcoin supply
Only 21 million units of Zcoin will ever be produced. Currently, there are about 3.4 million units in circulation, with the rest yet to be mined.
But the total supply has increased by 388450 XZC units after a Zcoin code bug, which the team refused to roll back due to economic reasons, which is why the total supply stands at approximately 21.4 million.
Every 10 minutes, a Zcoin block is mined and 50 coins are generated, making 72,000 Zcoins per day.
Market cap of Zcoin
According to CoinMarketCap, the total circulating supply of Zcoin is 5,757,841 XZC and the current unit price is $9.6. That makes the market cap approximately $55 million*.*
How To Buy Zcoin CryptocurrencyIf you are looking to get some Zcoin, here is a list of resources where it can be bought from.
Zcash is a decentralized and open-source peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that provides strong privacy protections. It was created as a fork of Bitcoin and, like bitcoin, it also has a hard limit of 21 million coins. Unlike bitcoin, however, Zcash offers total privacy for its users maintaining the absolute anonymity behind each transaction along with the parties and the amounts involved in it.
PIVX, which stands for Private Instant Verified Transaction, is an open-source, decentralized form of digital online money that uses blockchain technology. This makes it easy to transfer all around the world in an instant with low transaction fees with market leading security & privacy. PIVX focuses on privacy, security, anonymity, and instant transactions.
Monero is a fast, private, secure and untraceable digital currency system that uses a special kind of cryptography to keep all its transactions 100% unlinkable and untraceable. With Monero, you are your own bank. You can spend safely, knowing that others cannot see your balances or track your activity.
Some Zcoin misconceptions
There are some misconceptions regarding Zcoin:
Zcoin’s Future & RoadmapZcoin’s future is quite promising and worth watching based on these interesting milestones on their roadmap:
Zcoin Team & ProgressZerocoin is a cryptocurrency proposed by professor Matthew D. Green, a professor of Johns Hopkins University, and graduate students Ian Miers and Christina Garman. It was proposed as an extension to the Bitcoin protocol that would add true cryptographic anonymity to Bitcoin transactions.
Zerocoin was first implemented into a fully functional cryptocurrency and released to the public by Poramin Insom, the lead developer, as Zcoin in September 2016.
Some of the notable dev members of the team are listed below.
Founder and Core Developer
Poramin Insom created what was the world's 4th most valuable cryptocurrency in February 2014. He is also the world's first person to implement stealth addresses in QT-Wallets, improving cryptocurrency anonymity. He earned a master’s degree in Information Security from Johns Hopkins University, where he wrote a paper on a proposed practical implementation of the Zerocoin protocol.
Alexander N. aka Aizensou is a full-stack developer who has experience in many programming languages (C++, C#, Python, Perl, Java etc.) and has been involved in the cryptocurrency space since 2013. He has a broad development portfolio from low level APIs in Python and C++ to Android native applications in Java. In addition to his involvement in cryptocurrencies, Alexander was doing his P.h.D. in machine learning at a German university from 2012 to 2016.
Saran Siriphantnon is the CTO of Satang.co/Satoshift, a fintech company focusing on creating an open financial system for Southeast Asia. He served as President of the Computer System Administrator Group at King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang.
Tadhg Riordan is a 24 year old Software Developer from Wexford, Ireland. He recently completed his MSc from Trinity College Dublin, where he worked with Blockchain privacy mechanisms, focusing particularly on Zero-Knowledge Proofs and the Ethereum platform. He is a strong advocate for the adoption of cryptocurrency and for complete financial privacy.
Apart from these, their team comprises of other developers, community managers, support personnel and advisors who maintain the required balance.
Advisors:Aram Jivanyan (Cryptography Advisor): Co-Founder at Skycryptor & KMSchai
Torphop Korgtadam (It Security Consultant): Senior Vice President, Head Of Internal Audit Strategy, Innovation and Decision Science at United Overseas Bank Limited
Alexander N. aka Aizensou (Advisor)
Unique/Key Features Against Its Competitors:
Let me get started by stating I am no way involved with the COSS team. I simply am a COSS holder who wants to share this coin with others. Please note, I am writing this without an opinion and just stating facts (I will include a portion below with my opinions and an explanation of my thought process). Everything I say can be double checked with some DD and if I have time, I will come back and link said facts!
What is COSS?
What does COSS do?
- coss.io stands for Crypto One Stop Solution. Essentially, COSS is doing a lot. From their own exchange, to their own markets, a payment gateway for businesses to accept crypto as payments, and even more planned on their roadmap, COSS has a lot on their plate. The ICO ended a few days ago at a rate of 1 ETH for 6000 COSS making the price about 5 cents a COSS.
What is the payout formula?
- Well as an exchange (no its not decentralized), COSS charges fees for trading. COSS also charges fees for their marketplace or using their payment gateway plug-ins. 50% of the total revenue they obtain is distributed to the COSS tokens weekly. The way it works is that the crypto that was received in revenue as a fee is what is distributed. Example: If the total trading volume on the exchange is 100,000,000 for the week and Ether was 20% of that volume and BitCoin was the other 80%, the payout will be 80% in bitcoin and 20% in ether.
When are payouts?
- [(Daily Trading Volume) x 7 x 0.002 x 0.5]/93 mil = payout per coin. Multiply this by how many COSS you hold for the value of your payout, but remember the payout will be in a plethora of coins that are traded on COSS!
How do you receive payouts?
- Payouts occur EVERY Sunday (weekly), with the first payout to be this Sunday (October 8th). I am not sure what time of day this will occur.
What is the total supply?
- The simplest way to receive payouts is by holding COSS tokens in your COSS wallet on coss.io
- You can receive the payout if you hold COSS on MEW, but it requires additional steps in order to have those coins be a part of the payout. If you use MEW you need to do a bit of configuration. Use this tutorial: https://coss.io/coss-token-revenue-share-tutorial
What is the current marketcap?
- Currently, the circulating supply is 93 million. 80 million of this 93 million are token holders, 10 million is set aside such that the revenue generated by these 10 million tokens goes to charity, and the last 3 million are used by the team to payout bounties and such. (Coinmarketcap has yet to be updated, request has already been sent in)
Where can I buy COSS?
- At a rough price of 15 cents per coin, the marketcap for COSS is around 14 million
- At the moment, COSS is being traded on coss.io, etherdelta, and HitBTC
1) COSS, based on numbers, is simply undervalued. For a token that already has an existing functional product, its marketcap is well below what it should be. Trading volume has also increased significantly in the past few days! Imagine receiving profits from an exchange like Bittrex or Binance I urge you to browse their website and look at everything for yourself to make your own judgement!
2) There is a lot of work to be done on the exchange, but it is just getting started and is still in Beta. Good things take time. I remember when Binance first began and the struggles it went through, and look at it now. I have faith COSS can do that same. Currently, the things I believe that need to be fixed are exchange UI upgrades to make them more appealing to the eye and deposit/withdrawal times.
3) There is a lot of concern about COSS being a scam due to the team's association with VRS. I definitely had to look into this and found that Rune, on of the founders, addressed this concern. For me it was a satifactory explantion stating that VRS was not a scam, but a failed project. Please read bullet 4 to get the link to the full statement and other FAQ's
4) There are tons of FAQ's and known issues that are being asked about COSS. These two links pretty much cover them all at the moment. Each link has some different information, so please read both!
FAQ - 1 https://www.reddit.com/COSS/comments/74pw7h/all_info_to_clear_up_confusion/?st=j8gjl9jz&sh=b777583e
FAQ - 2 https://www.reddit.com/COSS/comments/7471mv/fqa_for_coss/?st=j8gawdbq&sh=d4cf9518
If you would like to register for COSS, please use the link below!
If you would like to join the Slack, please use the link below!
QT price today is $0.07712574 with a 24-hour trading volume of $16,646.81. QT price is up 4.3% in the last 24 hours. It has a circulating supply of 0 coins and a max supply of 100 Million coins. For example, Bitcoin can be traded with 150 different coins so we say that Bitcoin has 150 trading pairs on Binance. In this example, our account is funded with Bitcoin, so we are only able to trade with Bitcoin. To find out which cryptocurrencies are offered for trading with Bitcoin, select the option on the top, with a small drop down option. You’ll now be able to see that BTC has 150 ... What does PoS stand for? Show. Proof of Stake. How many characters does an Ethereum address have? Show . 42. When was cryptography first used? Show. 1900 BC. Can you mine all cryptocurrencies? Show. No. What is the highest price ever paid for 1 Bitcoin (USD)? Show. $19,665.39. Which year was EOS launched? Show. 2018. Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency – true or false? Show. True. What is ... If history has taught us anything is that nobody is 100% protected against hackers, despite all the security measures they may take into consideration when developing and updating their platforms. Not even the biggest companies are completely shielded against hackers, especially when their entire business relies on the handling and transaction of cryptocurrencies. Binance CEO Denies 'Tai Chi' Bitcoin Regulation Evasion Scheme A leaked document purportedly from Binance senior executives outlines a plan to use a US subsidiary to evade regulators. By Jeff Benson. 4 min read. Oct 29, 2020 Oct 30, 2020. Binance is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world (Image: Shutterstock) In brief. Forbes has reported that Binance had a secret plan to ... BitMEX, Kraken, Binance, Bitcoin.com, Blockstream, Ethereum and others have all been in the news for various improprieties. They have all also wasted considerable energy trying to discredit Dr. Craig Wright and Bitcoin SV. Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin called BSV a ‘complete scam’, yet a report on digital asset crime in 2019 identified Ethereum as a hotbed for scams that is only getting ... He has been involved in Bitcoin since early 2013. He has founded, led, and advised several Bitcoin and blockchain startups prior to heading Binance Australia. His extensive experience in cryptocurrency has led him to be passionate about engaging with the crypto community, from speaking at meetups, hosting local events, to advising and investing in startups. Damien Jones will be joining us as ... As things stand, Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao seems to be simultaneously plugging the project while holding it at arm’s length. It could be a sensible strategy because if BurgerSwap ends up following a similar path to SushiSwap, it could mean that the BNB token, or even the Binance brand itself, may end up getting burned.
[index]          
This video is unavailable. Watch Queue Queue Bitcoin's Perfect Storm Will Drive Big Price Rally as Central Banks Kill Fiat - Duration: 16:46. The Crypto Lark 28,443 views #binance #bitcoin #crypto #cryptocurrency #bnb #hack #ethereum #eth #altcoin #altcoins #blockchain #wealth #rich #money The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. bitcoin trading binance bitcoin trading beginners bitcoin trading basics bitcoin trading explained live bitcoin trading live bitcoin price live bitcoin chart bitcoin trading plan. Category ... Welkom bij een nieuwe livestream van Fomoflash met vandaag: - De Binance DEX gaat gebruikers uit 29 verschillende landen weren. De ‘decentrale’ beurs van ceo... #bitcoin #crypto #binance #huobi #cryptocurrency #btc #altcoin #altcoins #bnb #ethereum #eth #bestcrypto #hodl #chico #blockchain The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. ¡¡ES OFICIAL!! BINANCE DEJARA DE LISTAR A BITCOIN SV Apoya este Canal via BTC Lightning Network: https://tippin.me/@george28lw Realizamos el análisis de bitc...